Hello there! I’m Whitney, and I am so glad you could meet me here beneath the buckeye tree!
If you happen to see me walking on the beach, I will look like this:
But I’m pretty sure my soul is a girl with rainbow yarn hair, donning a scrapbook paper dress and cradling a GracieGCeramics bowl filled with homemade soup in her hand. She’s the one who prompts all my handmade Christmas gifts, urges me to put a little more smoked paprika into the chicken potpie, and tells me that the stalk of bamboo I just hiked past is really meant to be a succulent planter. So, if you see her, don’t worry. It’s just my creative side shining through, trying to get you in touch with yours.
Seriously though, I love making things. All things. The act of creating, whether it is pumpkin cheesecake fruit pizza or paper moths, just makes me happy inside for reasons I can’t always intelligently talk about. Being creative pushes me to use my brain, relaxes me, and gives me more confidence. And when I’m done, I have something I made with my OWN HANDS to keep or give away. How satisfying!
I know I’m not the only one who loves to “make”. Maybe you don’t even know you love it yet. Either way, I want this to be a place you can always come for a moment’s break from life’s stresses and a place where we all get to know each other’s creative sides. What does yours look like? I can’t wait to meet her. 😉
Oh, and the normal-ish looking side of me, here are some interesting bits about her too:
- I am from the state of West Virginia. It is truly wild and oh so wonderful.
- I am currently living in Mississippi. It is hot and flat but is home to some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
- Jesus is my Lord and savior.
- I have a black cat named Azreal. He is not bad luck and likes to hunt cockroaches. Sometimes, I like to copy him. Read about that here.
- I enjoy swing, square, and contra dancing.
- Spring peepers make my favorite sound.
- I grew up on a beef cattle farm, but beef is not my favorite meat.
- I love painting, drawing, knitting, making books, and just about all crafty endeavors. I also keep adding to this list.
- Being outside refreshes my soul.
- In 2014 I married my high school sweetheart, Asa. He has red hair, climbs rocks, plays the banjo, and just got his Masters degree in geology.
- I am very introverted.
- I used to want to be a veterinarian, and I got close to becoming one.
- This is my first blog ever.
Want to know what’s happening beneath the buckeye tree in between posts? Follow me on the social media sites listed below or send me an email. I love hearing from you! Oh, and come back soon, ya hear? 😉